August 16, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/320
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.0
ISO Speed 100

Tornado Damage

This taken at Oak Openings Metropark - aftermath of a tornado that happened several months ago. It's destruction was quite random and unpredictable - tree trunks and branches snapped off; twisting and tearing the trees apart at its will.

I feel like this forest. I did not get good news from the doctor today. Seems my cancer continues to ravage my body and lymph nodes. The treatments were looking promising, but now it's a different story. Some of it has returned, and has invaded other areas. Just like this tornado ripping trees apart, this disease is doing the same to me. My spirit is broken, and my hope has been taken away. I can't say that I am surprised by the outcome, but I did have hope for better news. I fought hard over the past 7 months, and now it feels like it was all for naught. I will continue to fight, and live with this tornado in my body; and hope that I will eventually find my way back to the other side of the rainbow.

10 comments:

  1. Damn. Sorry you got crappy news today.

    I'm around if you need a photo buddy or just a shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your strength up anyway you can . Im going to keep you close in my prayers along with my brother.
    Im so very sorry to hear this news. Dam it . !!!
    Yolanda keep your camera with you always and keep on going . Your such a postive lady.
    Much Love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let your spirit be broken, miracles happen every day. Your photos & journal are beautiful, please keep posting. We are all on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There s always beauty in natures achievements. Even in damage.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spirit may be injured,and you will have to
    let it heal. Just look at your photo and see the new growth in the foreground and all around. Nature works very hard to continue to
    live. There may be broken trees, but I see lots of new life.
    You are very talented and have lots to give us.
    L,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Albert Einstein once said, "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you have to keep moving." So, there are some of us who are riding with you - all of us moving on to keep our balance and our sanity. Please keep taking pictures and posting them and sharing them with us. Vivian N.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear the discouraging news, Yolanda. I don't know how else to say this - I don't know if it's appropriate on a blog comment but trust in the Lord. Proverbs 3:5-6 are great verses that say a lot.

    I agree with the others, you have a real positive attitude and you're a "trooper". You're also a gifted photographer and it's a great outlet to keep your mind positive. You're in my prayers. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yolanda,

    Maude and I are sending spirit and well-being to you, holding you in our thoughs and enjoying the parts of you coming through in your images.

    B'Shalom (with Peace)

    Buff Medb (Chris' Friend)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Yo, I just found out the news on your blog. Andy and I so wanted this disease to go a different direction. I'm so sorry for you and Tim. Call me if you want to have lunch in Toledo or Ann Arbor.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first thought when I caught up on your blog and came to this post was, "Crap!" Then I looked back at the more recent posts and realized something. Dare I say it? Something wonderful. Your strength. Your resilience. Your curiosity. Reading the comments above I realized also your friends, your wide-ranging friends who are praying for you. I am among them.

    ReplyDelete