Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/800Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 100
Baptism on the Detroit River
Inspired by Dragonstar's Weekend in Black and White.
The intent is to try to take and publish one photo a day. Not sure how this will work out, but I'm hoping by posting my photographs, I will improve my skills, by pushing myself to try something new - like a new technique, experimental camera settings, post production tricks, or simply tell a story. I am currently shooting with a digital Canon Rebel T1i.
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/800
Oh, my. However did you get the chance to take such a splendid photo?
ReplyDeleteThanks for your enthusiastic response to my Saturday post!
How unusual to take a photo like this. Perfect for B&W.
ReplyDeleteReminds me of O Brother Where Art Thou!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing shot!
ReplyDeletePersonally I don't think it's an unusual shot, it's a glorious shot! And I agree it's great in black & white. Very powerful shot, Yolanda.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.. A very moving photo.
ReplyDeleteThanks all for the comments! It was unusual in that it's something you don't see every day. Thanks to the help of my telephoto zoom, I was able to capture the baptism ritual and dunking from a distance. They were among other bathers and row-boaters having a nice day on the Detroit river shore, on Belle Isle, Detroit. Most definitely a unique sight to see!
ReplyDeleteYour photos continue to inspire me to see and appreciate our unique and diverse world. I still miss you, Yo.
ReplyDelete