December 10, 2009

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/30
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 400


Multnomah Falls in the deep freeze...

I played a little hooky today and left work early to go capture the frozen Multnomah Falls before sunset. I was not the only one who had this idea. I had to fight my way through the crowds of photographers set up in the ideal shooting spots. I brought my mono pod, but forgot my boot... story of my life. Handheld shots as best as I could, in the freezing cold, for as long as I could stand it.

I have shot Multnomah Falls in its frozen glory before - about a year ago. I was hoping to top my efforts today, but I think I was happier with last year's shots, as I set out early in the morning in a snow storm. There was nobody there, and I had the whole place to myself, with no onlookers in front of me, or on the bridge. It's a rare shot to get with nobody on the bridge. Nonetheless, a dramatic sight to see.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I'd love to visit there sometime. The nice thing about being obsessed with Macro is that there are millions of things to shoot everywhere, not just one waterfall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I are going to have to take the drive down there this summer. Neither of us have ever been, and it's only a couple of hours away. I pat you on the back for braving the cold. Neat shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shot! I would never have thought to visit the waterfalls around my area in the winter time! I might have to try that this weekend! Thank youfor the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a spectacular place. I can see why so many photographers are there. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete