Samson's haircut(Today's story is about Tony - even though I took these photos last night)
This is Tony. He was my boyfriend - together for a few years, we broke up a little over a year ago. Obviously we have remained friends, and still have an enormous amount of admiration and respect for each other. Last night he came by and presented me with his Christmas gift. I had always wondered what he'd look like without the beard (not that I didn't like it, I did). I had always bugged him and teased him to shave it when we were a couple, but he couldn't part with it. For him, it was his strength and identity. It symbolized certain things and milestones in his life, and I respected that. I've always known him to have a long beard. I was reluctant to have him shave it off now; didn't seem like a time that made sense. But he explained he wanted to for me... knowing that I will more than likely lose my hair; he wanted to sacrifice something and sympathize a little alongside with me through my painful and challenging time. For his sake and his selfless gesture, I was touched, I let him do it - while I took the photographs.
I used to love to photograph Tony - he was a great model; certainly not camera shy, has an animated yet classic quality. He was easily photogenic, and I'm not one for portraiture photography; but somehow he always made this artist look good.
Thank you Tony. Your heart is larger than life, and is always in the right place, at the right time. My heart is overflowing.

Well done Tony!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos of a very special event.
What a kind & unselfish show of support! You are lucky to have Tony as a friend. Friends are an amazing support.
ReplyDeleteHow awesome to have such a great friend! (I think he looks better without the beard.)
ReplyDelete