December 6, 2009

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 0.3
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 1600

Cheryl's Portrait

Sunday night - dinner and wine with some good friends. Cheryl was a sport and let me experiment with some b/w portrait. I put the glass in focus and left her out of focus, narrow DoF, to make for an abstract composition. With little light, the ISO was a bit high making the image a bit noisy, but hopefully the b/w keeps it a little soft and ethereal.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed. I really like your choice of B&W for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your experiment is a resounding success. You've captured exactly the right mood for a nice portrait. Love B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I had to click on the image to see the larger version to appreciate it more. Well done. I also like the reflection in the glass.

    ReplyDelete