Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1000Av( Aperture Value ) 1.4
ISO Speed 100
Responsible
This "warning" on the gas pump caught my attention at a BP station. The irony of it made me chuckle a little - in a shake my head kind of way. It's shameful really. Then it made me angry, and then sad. It's a difficult situation to process. It causes me much heartburn every day, as I worry about the environment. What sort of things do you feel when you see these words?

You're right, Yolanda. It conjures up a bunch of emotions. It's hard to see the oil soaked pelicans on the news. It's frustrating that what little is being done is not helping and it's not going fast enough. It's hard to not get political on this subject but I've come to not be trusting of all the people involved. It seems like there's another agenda besides cleaning up the oil. But we'll see.
ReplyDeleteNice post and ironic photo. You really got me going!
Incredible!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe focus of my graduate program is Energy. In all its forms. During today's afternoon class, we watched the 60 Minutes segment where they interviewed one of the oil rig workers who witnessed everything and barely escaped with his life. His account brought everyone to tears - and the unbelievable amount of mistakes - both deliberate and accidental - that piled up to cause the explosion really made me mad. Every time I see that smug BP CEO on TV I just want to slug him.
ReplyDeleteMaybe they should be taking their own advise or "warning". I am sad and sicked when I see the news, all the poor birds and other sea animals that are being affected by someone's stupidity.
ReplyDeleteThere was a 'teaser' on the morning news today about how BP had been KNOWINGLY cutting corners and bypassing safety issues for months before the spill happened.
ReplyDeleteI read the rachel maddow blog & they posted the same image on her website,,,Great Minds Think Alike!!! I'm so worried about all the irreversible damage BP has cause...
ReplyDelete