Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/40Av( Aperture Value ) 9.0
ISO Speed 1600
The Herb Thief
That new zoom lens really allows me to get close to the animals! Well, this little guy has been hanging around the back yard lately. I think he's a cute little guy, but today I went to check on my herbs, and all my parsley and cilantro were gone - like completely gone - not dead and shriveled, but sheered off as if someone cut them at the stems. Could this little bugger be the culprit? He didn't take the basil, although there were some bites taken from some of the leaves. I don't know much about groundhogs and their diets, but he looks guilty :)

Oh but he's so CUTE!! That lens is awesome!
ReplyDeleteThe groundhogs I know will eat everything in sight. We have them at school and they actually scale the wooden box (complete with overhang) that surrounds our turtle habitat and eat whatever we put out for the turtles!
On the flip side, I've actually eaten groundhog! It was at a maple sugaring festival a few years ago - lots of pioneer days exhibits including a guy roasting groundhog on a spit. It was incredibly rich and almost sweet - I was very surprised!
So, um...there's options...just sayin'. ;)
Great shot! At 1600 ISO and the shutter speed at 40 was this hand held? If so, it's incredibly clear. And you must have been fairly close too. I say he's guilty. He's cute but he looks guilty. :)
ReplyDeleteHe's definitely got the beady little eyes of a crook!
ReplyDeleteCute thief.
ReplyDeleteA great photograph.
Have a great week
Costas
You can see it in his eyes. He's the guy.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, he's guilty all right! But oh-so-cute!
ReplyDeleteLooks cute, but I bet he tastes like chicken
ReplyDeleteGreat shot of this guy Yolanda!
ReplyDelete