Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250Av( Aperture Value ) 13.0
ISO Speed 100
Sailing toward the Birthday Cake
My wonderful husband surprised me with a bon voyage present yesterday - a new Canon telephoto zoom 70-300 f 4-5.6. Let me tell you how I've longed for a zoom lens, and now I will be able to photograph wildlife.
I took it with me sailing last night to test it out. It was difficult to use the big lens on a moving boat, but I was able to pull off a few hand-held shots and experiment a little with it. This was another sailboat off in the distance. The power plant behind it with the smokestacks we refer to as the "birthday cake" when we use it as a landmark for navigation. Makes me chuckle... :)

What a great gift, one that you'll surely share with us here. Thanks to both of you!
ReplyDeleteIt does look like a birthday cake! Have fun with your new lens...I have a Canon 70-200 & I love it; it does great hand held & with my tripod. What a great surprise...
ReplyDeleteOooh! Now I'm jealous! What a great husband you have! Very nice shot - especially from a moving boat!
ReplyDeleteI actually went to Crosby/TBG Festival today as I have to spend all day tomorrow studying (whatever possessed me to pursue a PhD at age 40, I have no idea, but it may just do me in). Hopefully you'll have better weather than I did!
This is fabulous. I love the smoke in the distance.
ReplyDeleteYour husband is a great guy! That's a very nice gift. You'll have fun with it - I have one too. It's pretty handy. I like this image and the mood it gives. I like it in sepia too. Great lighting and I like how you caught the bird in just the right spot.
ReplyDeleteLove thiw photogrph Yolanda.
ReplyDeleteCostas
It does look like a birthday cake. This is a really good photo!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome gift your hubby gave you!! You will have many hours of fun with that lens!!
ReplyDeleteLovely photo. I love the slightly pinkish tone the photo has and it does look like a birthday cake...oh, to be 3 again.
ReplyDeleteYeaaa for the new lens!!! Great shot!
ReplyDelete