December 27, 2009

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/50
Av( Aperture Value ) 1.4
ISO Speed 400

A confluence of paths...

The outcome was not what I had envisioned for this image, but I'm posting it anyway. My husband got an electronic reader for Christmas. I am not a big fan of the electronic reader. I am a purist - I like the idea of turning pages and the feeling of the binding in my hands, the smell, sound and texture of the paper... guess I'm a little old fashioned when it comes to certain things. On the other hand, I can sit and read for hours on my computer. Is this any different? I make my living in high tech, so I am not by any means averse to gadgets and technology.

I am watching him, right now, as I write this, he is not reading a story, he is madly clicking away on the screen - doing what, I don't know. But I can tell you that it is not being absorbed in a story. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Heh. Ironic.

    Doesn't reading on those things give you a headache? I can't read small text on my computer screen for very long without my contacts drying out, and a headache developing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to know how does it feel to read an electronic reader. :D
    Since I dont have any probs with my eyes I think it will be ok.
    Hey, I see u're really attached with your new nifty fifty. I love the shallow dof...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have the Kindle reader on my ipod touch. It's handy when I go camping, and still want to read but not carry books. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I set the fonts fairly large so that I can easily read it.

    I like the photo. Great job of DOF. I see you were using your new lens. I bet you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Nasyarobby, if you have no problems with your eyes, then it would be okay. As Mr. Gallow points out, you can make the fonts bigger on the reader, but I don't think it's back-lit enough. {shrugs}It's a convenient gadget when you travel light, so it has its advantages.

    As for this photo, I got the DoF, however, I struggled with a sharp focus. I am enjoying the lens for sure though!

    ReplyDelete