December 21, 2009

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 0.5
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.5
ISO Speed 400

Celebrating Christmas with a tree

My first Christmas tree in 10 years. I haven't had any heart for Christmas since I was divorced 10 years ago. Everything is different now. We were remarried to each other two days ago, now we can begin living again. Ironically, having a terminal illness may make this the most bittersweet one ever. This tree shines with every light of hope and energy that I have - my happy home; It's never too late to celebrate Christmas with beautiful decoration! Thank you for this tree of love and hope. Peace on Earth...

4 comments:

  1. I really like how you took this photo. May I ask how did you do it? It's really cool.

    I'm also very sorry to hear about the terminal illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Mr. Gallow... for this shot - shutter set to half a second, initial flash, focused on object, and while shutter is open, zoom out (or in) to create the kinetic result! I did it free-handed, but works much better on a tripod. I still haven't mastered it, but I'm getting better! Thank you for your thoughts as well :) You have been an inspiration. Photography is about the only thing that is therapeutic for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic shot, I need to experiment with that effect sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo and the Spirit even more.

    ReplyDelete