Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 100
Weekend Reflection in Architecture
I have my architecture theme still going here... Today there was sun - oh glorious sun! The temps were balmy in the 30's! I had to get out to show my friend the sights of Toledo. This prompted a trip to downtown. We drove all over - the waterfront, old factories, the art museum, historical neighborhoods - we saw it all. Of course, I was on a photo shooting mission which had us in the middle of abandoned factories with "no trespassing" signs, under bridges, and in some undesirable places. Good for me, not so good for her sight-seeing mission ;) But nonetheless we had little adventures.
On the way out of town, I was at a stop light and came face to face with this reflection - the epitome of Toledo - the Toledo Edison building with a reflection of some old architecture in its glass structure. The light was perfect, and since I was at an intersection, I dropped the window, put camera out and began shooting. Of course the light turned green, and I was still shooting. The pickup truck behind me grew very impatient and laid on the horn for at least 8 seconds, and proceeded to aggressively speed around me to my left. I smiled and gave a friendly wave and just laughed and laughed. He was angry... but I got my shot ;)

Hm... impatient driver, or no shot? I choose impatient driver. I get to deal with that anyway because my clutch is slipping, so my acceleration is terrible. So I'm used to it anyway. Fantastic shot!
ReplyDeleteFabulous shot! Can't stop looking at it.
ReplyDeleteDefinately worth the horn blowing incident.
L,M
Connecticut
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHa! Have I converted you to "taking photos while stopped at red lights"? Too funny!
ReplyDeleteGreat shot. My father worked as a Control Systems Engineer in that building during my childhood. I have memories of sitting in the car waiting for him to come out at the end of the day and just looking at that building. It truly does say "Toledo" to me!
(ahem - previous post deleted due to typo detected as I hit "Post")
Top shot.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant reflection! Almost looks like a very tall sandcastle!
ReplyDeleteVery nice Yolanda!
ReplyDeleteStrange reflection of an impressive building.
ReplyDeleteAnd a great shot it is! Wonderful reflection, glad you took your time and caught it. Kathy
ReplyDeleteGreat reflection and great shot. It's funny, I'll be trying to hurry the shot because someone wants by & my wife will be telling me to take my time and not worry about it. Funny. :-)
ReplyDeleteI like the character of the old buildings reflected in the "yawn" modern facade. Your story gave me a nice chuckle -- thanks.
ReplyDeleteI read your side bar before I read your post so I'd like to first say how both moving & inspirational I find your story to be.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine the devastation you must have felt on December 4th yet your spirit & attitude is so good and strong. I will be thinking of you in my prayers tonight & I will come back to watch your creativity unfold. I can so relate to how you describe your feelings about photography. Thank you so much for sharing that.
Your reflection shot is beautiful. I loved enlarging this to see how the trees compare to such a monumental building. This is a nice study in contrasts.
Great photo, though it looks like some horror movie.
ReplyDeleteI took a similar photo when I was in Australia.
I am enjoying the Olympics game, are you?
The building being reflected looks kind of spooky...great reflection though
ReplyDelete