Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 800
Campiello Del Remer #2
Normally I don't photograph works of art - just seems irrelevant. Not to mention, cameras were strictly forbidden in this Dale Chihuly art exhibit at the Toledo Museum of Art. I have never seen a Chihuly up close, but this man does amazing things with glass, and so I risked stealing a few shots. It was all about glass today... not only were the works of Chihuly amazing, the gallery itself is a work of art. It's made entirely of glass. I can only imagine how the seasons and time of day play a big part on the atmosphere of this building. This is a new building for the Toledo Museum of Art. I used to spend lots of time in this museum back in the day when I was pursuing my bachelor of Fine Arts. In my opinion, it's one of the finer art museums I've ever had the pleasure in which to visit and study. I couldn't think of a better place to be on this gray and snowy day. So enjoy some "bootleg" photos from the Glass Pavilion of Toledo Museum of Art.
The above w
ork is called Campiello Del Remer #2. It was one of 14 chandeliers designed for Chihuly Over Venice in 1996, - it was made in collaboration with the glassorkers at the Waterford Crystal Factory in Ireland. Chihuly subsequently split the chandelier in two, one "half" going to the Kemper Museum in Kansas City, and the other to Toledo. Chihuly's team installed the chandelier themselves in the Glass Pavilion lobby, rearranging the 243 pieces to make it unique to this location. The photo below is the full view of the chandelier in the
lobby.

Wow! It looks like ice, but shining various colors of light through it could give it millions of different feelings.
ReplyDeleteYou rebel, you! Hee hee.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE the Toledo Museum of Art. I spent countless hours on Saturdays there as a kid - I'd make my mom pick me up an hour after art class ended so I could just roam the galleries. She always had to come in and search for me - I'd just lose track of time.
The new Glass Pavilion is a pretty cool place. Glad you were able to sneak a few pictures of Chihuly's pieces - he does amazing work.
(Oh, and IKEA is in Canton, MI (near Livonia) - about an hour from your end of town - take 75 to 275 and look for the big IKEA sign.)
Awesome! I'm in awwee! I've never heard of Chilhuly. Glad you were able to sneak a few pictures!!
ReplyDeleteBreakin' the law! Breakin' the law!
ReplyDeleteGood for you. I'm glad you got these shots. I really like Chihuly. I'm overdue to take my wife to the museum in Tacoma.
So impressed with your Blog!
ReplyDeleteThank you or introducing me to it.
test
ReplyDeleteGreat pic........Sig
ReplyDelete