February 6, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1250
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.0
ISO Speed 100

A trade-off

The sun made an appearance today - it was nice to get outdoors and look at some nature. Unfortunately, the trade off was snow! Not as unfortunate as those on parts of the east coast, but maybe 3-4 inches to trek through.

This winter weather is for the birds, and I think even they have long abandoned their snowy home for a warmer place!

8 comments:

  1. Very nice shot Yolanda. I'm glad that it snowed infact I wish that it would snow more. It's still new and wonderful for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like Nature's submission to the "abandoned buildings" style of photography :)

    Cool shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot! I don't mind the snow, but I do wish it would come on school days so I could get a day off! Saturday snows do me no good whatsoever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of the sharp edges in this photo. Well done Yolanda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice texture and well placed focal point. Nicely done Yolanda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this shot, but how high did you have to climb to get it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will give the credit for this shot to my husband - he spotted the little nest as we were walking and pointed it out to me. He was happy to see that his suggested subject made it to the page. Also, the lens I used was a gift from him, so that can attribute to the wonderful crispness as well! I just pushed the buttons :) And, Don, I didn't have to climb - it was at head level believe it or not!

    ReplyDelete