March 13, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/160
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.0
ISO Speed 100

The boatyard

It poured down rain and the wind blew all day. A gray day, but it gives a certain mystery to places like the boatyard. I love the sound of the halyards clanking on the masts.

This Monochrome concept came from Aileni at The Monochrome Weekend

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous lines; great monochrome conversion! I can almost hear the sound you're talking about while looking at this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully composed image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool shot Yolanda. We had rain and wind too but that's all I could here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. I love the composition here and it looks great in monochrome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look ready to go - the the race begin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the perspective. An angle not normally seen. Nicely done in monochrome too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great capture, Yolanda. Shall we go sailing?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anything nautical...anything, is perfect for me. Love this photo.

    My Monochrome Weekend is photos of a black n white pencil sketch I just finished. This is my 1st entry for the meme. Come visit if you can find time.

    HERE You'll need to scroll down a bit to view.

    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the comments! I am a sailor and can't wait for the boat to be in the water - maybe in a few months! (none of the boats in this pic are mine)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boats make such wonderful photos. I love the patterns here.

    ReplyDelete