March 2, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/4000
Av( Aperture Value ) 1.4
ISO Speed 100

The urban farmer - Eenie meanie miney moe...

OK, so this post is late by a day. I'm not sure which hen this is... but I know for sure it's not Moe.. While visiting Holly and new baby, she showed me her urban farming efforts. I also came home with a dozen fresh eggs!

It's easier than one would think to raise a few chickens in an urban neighborhood. She and her husband have created an even easier way to house chickens with the invention of the "Poultry Pod" (below) a handy crate-like hen house that is easy to order and set up. It's the latest trend in urban chicken farming and organic living!

The organic eggs were delicious by the way!

4 comments:

  1. That is cool. So are you going to eat the dozen eggs or raise them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot! The Poultry Pod is intriguing but I bet it still smells like chicken poop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our house has an old chicken coop, that I now use as a storage shed. My kids called it the chicken poop when they were young.

    Great photo. I like the redness of the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful shot! Everyday you amaze me with your photos!

    ReplyDelete