July 6, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/800
Av( Aperture Value ) 7.1
ISO Speed 100


A REAL 5 Volcano Day

Not only did I see all five, but I shot all five - all from Sherrard Point, at the top of Larch Mountain, OR. Want to see all five? I'll just bore you with these two... Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens. I couldn't resist stepping off the path, as I do sometimes. Not sure what it is when I get a camera in my hand, but I'm always in search of the right shot. Stepping off the path proved to be a really bad idea, as I ended up on a very loose-rock steep cliff. Let's just say I almost sacrificed myself to the five volcanoes, and never got the shot. On my way out, on the path I saw two men with tripods, fancy cameras and lenses. I exchanged a few words with them, and the one man said "it's more fun taking the photos than it is looking at them." I couldn't have agreed more, and just wandered down the path giggling to myself.





Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/125
Av( Aperture Value ) 20.0
ISO Speed 100

4 comments:

  1. Wow, very nice Yolanda! We've lived here for 20 years and you're teaching me places to go - thank you! Very nice shots on the warm day. Be careful though, falling off cliffs is not allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots Yolanda! I'm glad you didn't get hurt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Be careful! I miss mountains - these are great shots!

    ReplyDelete