March 1, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/20
Av( Aperture Value ) 3.5
ISO Speed 100

Madelyn Kay - Seven Days Fresh

Today I finally got to meet my friend's new baby girl - she was born one week ago today. I'm not one for portrait photography, but Madelyn certainly deserved the spotlight today. She is beautiful and healthy.

I tried this in B/W. Had some problems with exposure today - for some reason I started out very over exposed. ISO was set much too high, and also it was the first time in a long time that the sun was out. Her crib was right near the window, so light was not an issue. By the time I took this shot, I had the ISO and exposure figured out, but wow... I am out of practice!

11 comments:

  1. You could sell that. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i were Madelyn's mum, or Madelyn in a few years time, i would cherish this photograph forever. What a wee beauty she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic photo. I don't think you're out of practice. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who is "not one for portrait photography", you sure have a knack for it! This is a great shot and I agree, you could sell it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo, beautiful photo of the baby. I just purchased my first major camera so I don't miss shots of Drew. Maybe you can give me some pointers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm with the rest. This is gorgeous. What a little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Flawless. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all for the kind comments! this shot was mainly a PP effort - even after I shot all day, I even realized that I had my camera set to manual focus, so none of my shots were even in focus! LOL! Between that and exposure settings, I made a few happy accidents. Best to check settings before clicking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The is one awesome portrait and one beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful little girl! Very well captured!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have just had a scroll back over the last month. This is glorious. I have a grand-daughter due at the end of July. I hope I can do her justice in the way that you have here, with Madelyn Kay.

    Brava!

    ReplyDelete