March 24, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/100
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 100

Spring Cliches...

Or are they crocuses? :) I did step out the front door today and found these little flowers coming up. They were in a tight spot, so I took some chances and put the camera body down to its level - rather than looking through the viewfinder, I let the autofocus do its thing and hoped for the best. Needless to say, some happened, and some didn't. It was like AF Russian Roulette. I think I got some interesting angles with unpredictable depths of field.

8 comments:

  1. Definately looks like a crocuse to me!! Great shot! I ♥ your saying of AF Russian Roulette! I might have to use that!! :)

    I'm glad you were able to get out of the house today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you have live view? I would use manual focus for this kind of a shot anyway.

    Then again, if you didn't have time, this turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are excellent. I like the lighting. It was much better than mine. I didn't see your photo until after I posted mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Everyone was thinking the same thing today! Except for me, whose crocus aren't in bloom yet. But they will be purple when they do bloom!

    I've done the same thing, Yolanda - I like your term for it (AF Russian Roulette) a lot!

    I like the softness of the light and the shading on the petals a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Yolanda! I like the AFRR too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photograph again Yolanda..
    Have a nice day..
    Costas

    ReplyDelete