Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/800Av( Aperture Value ) 5.0
ISO Speed 100
Lasers
If you squint, it almost looks like this could be an exotic island! I went back to this photo from Sunday - this is SOOC - true SOOC, not even one little tweak! I was stuck in the chemo chair all day today, so no photo shoot for me today. This was a nice "feel good" photo that has the nice tropical vibe, and I'll take this moment to share other things about what you see in this image.
This is not a tropical island, but it is on the shore of Lake Erie in LaSalle, Michigan. It is North Cape Yacht Club and is the place where my husband keeps his sailboat, named the Highlander - (an Express 34). It's the place where I enjoy the Highlander too! My husband is a racer. I am not. I am a sailor, a fair-weather sailor, a leisurely sailor. I tried the racing thing years ago, and didn't love it. Didn't even like it. But I tried it. I didn't love the competition aspect of a pastime that should be so mellow and relaxing (in my opinion of course). This yacht club has a huge sailboat racing presence on Lake Erie.
The boats in this image are called Lasers. They are the fleet used for the junior sailing program at the club. It is a top-notch program for the young members who love to sail race. This yacht club is the home of Anna Tunnicliffe, who won the gold medal in the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games. I watched her years ago when she was a junior sailor in this yacht club - just a kid! Now she is rated as the best woman sailor in the world. The people here can't be more proud of her, as they've all watched her grow up. It almost makes me wished that I had loved racing at some point in my life. But... I guess it is enough to just love sailing! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment