Av( Aperture Value ) 4.0


ISO Speed 100
The Mystery of Urban Fairies
Today's story is about the phenomenon of fairy doors in Ann Arbor, MI. There are many fairy doors that exist in this downtown that are believed to lead to the imagined miniature homes of fairies. This particular fairy door was shot at "The Peaceable Kingdom" and here you can peek into the fairy home from both this door, and inside the store through tiny windows. People leave offerings at the doorsteps of these tiny doors - small toys, pennies, thimbles. The room in the second photo shows the collection of offerings left on the step of this door. Whether you believe in fairies or not, sightings of tiny doors such as this will make you wonder! I, myself, am a believer!

Super neat!! Love both photos!
ReplyDeleteHow absolutely wonderful! I wish I could find one of these fairy doors! I do, I do, I DO believe in fairies!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! I love it.
ReplyDeleteOh! Wonderful story and pictures! Never thought this is exists! Love it! I also became a believer after reading your post ))
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for keeping it simple, I mean - commenting. Most blogs I read ask me for word verification and separate window and after then post appears only after approval. It sounds reasonable with blogs where several hundreds visitors come daily but with one - two comments ..... I do not know, if it makes sense, just makes it much slower ))
ReplyDeleteGreat story, and great photos, and a great idea. It must be fun to come upon these doors.
ReplyDelete