Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/30Av( Aperture Value ) 1.4
ISO Speed 100
Tree Swamp Reflections
Sunset in the swamp... I had some reflecting to do. I had just come from support group. It's amazing how we all deal. A woman spoke of "guilt"... guilty about survivorship. She admitted to feeling guilt for being out enjoying a nice day, for example. I found this so surprising, as I am more like.... grateful for each day - not to miss a moment of it, not to dismiss one pixel of its glory. But all of our feelings are valid, and why we feel them are real. I haven't survived a damn thing yet.... I wouldn't know about guilt.

This photo is a work of art! Seriously, you need to frame it.
ReplyDeleteInteresting how each person processes a similar situation differently, isn't it? It's all about perspective I think. And I like yours!
I am facing a rather rare free weekend this weekend (other than some Mother's Day stuff on Sunday afternoon), let me know if you've got the time and energy to get out and do some shooting somewhere!
I can see this photo as a book cover, for some sort of moody swamp mystery. It's great.
ReplyDeleteI like the etheral quality of the light amongst the trees and the water. Very nice.
ReplyDeleteWow! Freaking amazing photo. Everyone I follow has had all these fantastic shots lately!
ReplyDeleteVery nice image, Yolanda. I like your outlook on things too. Everyday is a gift.
ReplyDelete♥ this shot ~ and your strength! Everyone handles things differently. I love what you said "not to dismiss one pixel of it's glory"...beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shot - it really should be a book cover!
ReplyDeleteI admire your outlook. After my stroke I was told I would feel "guilty" for surviving when so many don't. NOT! I too am thankful for each minute of life since. Each sunset, every spring flower, my kids ... each and every minute that is precious.
Bless you.
Love it - excellent processing makes this even more fantastic.
ReplyDeleteGreat shot. Like you've been down in the bayou.
ReplyDelete