May 29, 2010


Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/500
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 100

Falling Behind

It was the maiden voyage of the Highlander today. Wind was light, but steady, sun was out and it was a beautiful day to shake out her sails.

Been having a hard time keeping up with the photo posting again. A little depression has set in as the doctor dropped another bombshell on me, explaining that I am stuck in hospital jail for at least another 3-4 weeks. I sometimes feel that I will never have my freedom back. I've been playing this game with my best poker face - but some days its very hard to hold back tears. The Highlander today, gave me a little taste of freedom.

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1250
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.5
ISO Speed 100

6 comments:

  1. Nice perspective and close up of knots. Good eye. A good US Memorial Day Sunday to you. http://levonnesprettypics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of the first shot! I love the lines and close-up. And I've been really slacking off in my blogging lately too. Don't feel too stressed, you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you.

    I'm glad you have a place to go and be free. Your photos share that feeling with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy this weather! It's a bit too hot for me, but I'm appreciating the lower humidity! (Yes, I'd probably be fine in Alaska.)

    Hang in there. School's out at the end of this week for me. If you need something (even just someone to sneak in a pint of ice cream) give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of the knots is great! Good diagonal movement - the brown and black lines pulling up to the left, and the knot lines pulling down to the right. And, there's the horizontal balancing line of the bottom of the sail. Good color, too! You hang in there! There are some of us out here rooting for you! Vivian N.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the first shot too, Yolanda!
    Great close up and detail. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete