January 21, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/80
Av( Aperture Value ) 2.8
ISO Speed 200

Where is the totem pole in this picture?

The answer is... standing behind the camera. Yes, I am the totem pole today. Long story, but my body is pretty marked up after my radiation treatment, with some brilliant colors resembling tribal war paint (sharpies)! I looked in the mirror and thought I looked like a totem pole.

Anyway, first day in battle - I'm still standing, war paint and all. Still strong to fight another day - bring it on. I stopped off at this pond nearby the pharmacy - it made me want to go ice skating. The light was disappearing, and it was getting extremely cold! Maybe I'll be able to practice my triple axles on a nicer day - and when I'm not feeling so much like a totem pole.

7 comments:

  1. A totem pole is a powerful symbol - of family, history, and strength. Glad you are still standing strong, my friend.

    This shot is very peaceful - I like the colors of the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your spirits are still up!! Hang in there!! My thoughts and prayers are with you always!!

    "What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    I appreciate you leaving comments on my blog!! It means a lot to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Thank you for your thoughts and inspirational words. I am standing strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still standing after a full day of chemo and radiation? Impressive. Cancer doesn't have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With your toughness and a support group like us you've got it made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Andrew and Don & Krise! I appreciate the support and kind words. It's only the first day, I guess these get tougher as you go, but I am ready.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're inspiring like your photos. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete