1/50sf/1.4
ISO: 200
A place of worship - inside the labyrinth
The labyrinth is a metaphor for the journey to your deepest self and back out into the world with a better understanding of who you are. This place of worship exists in one of the buildings of the Mayo Clinic. I stopped in for a prayer and to follow the labyrinth after my second day here. It's going to be a long journey. One more day here at the clinic, and then it's decision time.
Again, today's shoot was edited slightly by cooling down the color tone using Picassa (and this time cropped a bit). Still limping along without a computer. But there are some wonderful photographic opportunities that exist within these buildings - the habitrail, the common areas, the art, scultpures, architecture of the buildings - it's truly a labyrinth in and of itself. Now to find my way back out to the world.

This is an amazing shot and full of soul. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I have to say though... I think it would absolutely FANTASTIC in B&W. I don't say that about many photos, either :)
ReplyDeleteThere is always a subject if you look for it - and you do. Photography is also a great self-therapy. I know from experience.
ReplyDeleteCarry on the good work and take care!
This image is very peaceful for me. I causes me to stop, take a breath, and relax.
ReplyDeleteNicely captured.