Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400Av( Aperture Value ) 4.0
ISO Speed 200
Church in Perrysburg
It's so very difficult to get inspired these days - the weather is horrible and gray. Today it rained - good news is, most of the snow is all gone. The bad news is, apparently I missed the thunderstorm that happened this morning.
Living in the PacNW, thunderstorms are very rare. It was the one thing I missed about the midwest - the wonderful violent thunderstorms. Somehow they are calming - waking to a thunderstorm is a treat - makes you feel like you can sleep all day. It is a comfort - something about the rain and the thunder; like arms around you, surrounds you and keeps you safe.
I'm ready for just a little sunshine :) But if it must rain, I hope I hear the thunder.

Great shot of the church!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes - you nailed it exactly about the thunderstorms here! Waking up to the one this morning was heavenly - today was the only day in weeks I could actually sleep in as late as I wanted! Although I do miss the snow - it covered up the leaves I never got around to raking - my yard looks like crap now.
I too miss the sunshine!! I love the angle on the steeple. It's so crisp and clear!!
ReplyDeleteThe tree in the foreground really adds to the feel of the steeple.
ReplyDeleteVery nice shot and nice description of midwest thunderstorms. I agree, the tree really adds to it.
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my favorites of your photos. I like photos of churches and old buildings. The darkness with the gray skies and barren trees works very well.
ReplyDeleteI agree about thunderstorms. I'v lived in the Pacific NW all my life but for 2 years I lived in Texas , and more than anything I miss the Storms. There is something magical in them even the lighting is ... different.. magic.. miss that so much!
ReplyDelete