January 27, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.0
ISO Speed 100

A Trompe L'oeil

Is it really trompe l'oeil, or is it the real thing? If you look closely, the sky above the building is actually blue. That is right... my eye wasn't fooled by this colorful mural, there actually WAS sun and blue sky today for a while.

I must admit that I was inspired to borrow this colorful building mural idea from Don and Krise of Olympia Daily Photo who have been featuring colorful buildings with beautiful murals all around Olympia, WA. I saw the back of this building on my way home, and thought it worthy of a post. This building, of course, is not in the PacNW, but in Toledo, Ohio up the block from home. The back door is that of a BBQ place called City BBQ - which I have yet to try. Until then, I will enjoy my moments of sunshine whenever I can get them!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You got to see sun today - I am jealous! I was indoors from 7am til 5pm today - bleh.

    Great shot of that mural! I always come at City-Q from the other direction and forget it's there. They have decent BBQ and the perfect sweet tea. We'll have to do lunch there sometime when I'm not working 10-12 hour days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool! I saw it and thought, "man, she kind of went overboard with the texturing in PP," but then figured it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I like the bright colors, and that you got to see the sun today.

    I'm feeling much better now.

    I also feel like a whimp. A few days of sickness for me, and I'm complaining about being uninspired. While you go out and take fantastic photos. You are my hero, and inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you found a great mural. What a coincidence too, I posted a BBQ restaurant today too. Great minds think alike, I say! Thank you for the nice mention, I do appreciate it.
    I hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete