Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/4000Av( Aperture Value ) 1.4
ISO Speed 100
Butterflies and Bokeh
I wandered into this unique place today, oddly enough called "The Butterfly House." It was like a butterfly sanctuary, where thousands of butterflies live and fly in a controlled environment feeding off of various plants and foods. There are species from all over the world, one more colorful and beautiful than the next. A very unique experience - although I felt like I was cheating a bit with the camera. It was like shooting fish in a barrel, or in this case, butterflies in a greenhouse. I shot until my card was full, but managed to get a few nice shots. I was using my 50mm, which wasn't exactly the best lens for this task. A macro lens would have been ideal for this shoot. I did get some nice compositions, although with a wide aperture set, the depth of field did not always work when it came to composition, or wing span, depending on the angle shot.
More butterfly shots to come. For now enjoy this post, while I'm trying to make up for some lost days, and lost opportunities. It can be difficult to find motivation to find opportunities, but it seems once I get on a roll, the camera goes into auto-pilot, and these things photograph themselves.

Very nice image and bokeh! Wow, the design on that butterfly is amazing. It looks transparent. The Butterfly House looks like a nice place to be with a camera!
ReplyDeleteWooow! Insanely awesome. And I don't think it's cheating at all, as long as you take the image. Going where there are butterflies to get pictures of butterflies isn't cheap, it's smart.
ReplyDeleteThere's a butterfly house at The Seattle Science Center. I haven't been up there in some time. I agree though, it's a wonderful place to take your camera.
ReplyDeleteUmmmmmmmm, can I just say I love your photography! I love the style and the things you choose to photograph.
ReplyDeleteThis photo is absolutely beautiful. I love, LOVE, love it. ~♥it
I am so happy to be on this journey with you... thank you for posting.