January 1, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/13
Av( Aperture Value ) 1.4
ISO Speed 400

A New Year's toast

Okay, I know, here is the cliche; overdone festive, and totally played out by now, but I'm posting this today. Mainly because the shot was technically taken right after midnight and was the first image my camera collected in 2010.

Not a good shot, and horrible composition - but my very first of the year. One of my photography instructors once told me that if you get one good shot out of every 100-200 you take, you are doing well! I guess I couldn't expect the first one out of the 2010 gate to be the money shot, but here it is. A little bubbly to kick off the year. Besides, I'm too hungover and lazy to wander around with the camera today ;)

4 comments:

  1. I like the post processing... I think. Did you just have pink lights? It looks monochrome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody played a little too hard last night huh?? :-{

    It's okay. I like this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shot since I am sitting to the left of those glasses!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont worry about the composition... The light gives me a warm feeling... :)

    Happy New Year 2010... Looking forward for your next shots!

    ReplyDelete