January 28, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 2
Av( Aperture Value ) 2.8
ISO Speed 100


Stuck inside this same old tune...

OK... today was experimental day. I admit - the guitar caught my eye - it was sitting by the window, and the late afternoon sun was casting some great reflections off its shiny body. (Perhaps some of you planted the seed on me over the past few days; you know who you are - Andrew, Steve.. :) somehow the music/guitar inspired theme stuck with my thoughts today (thanks guys). And there it was. Fun with light, shadows, and reflections - using a tripod of course, and experimental settings and a goofy self-portrait. I admit, a full day of treatment, pretty doped up and feeling silly - sitting in front of the window with tripod and guitar seemed to maintain my amusement for at least an hour while the sun went down ;) Now if you guys can get out of my head, maybe I can get out of this guitar!

*This reflection is inspired by Weekend Reflections thanks to James at Newtown Area Photo. Click on the link to see other wonderful reflection shots!

26 comments:

  1. I just happened to drop by and I find this wonderful reflection. It's very creative and a really good photo. Don't forget that Weekend Reflections is tomorrow. :)

    Btw we use the same camera. What lenes do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice self portrait, Yolanda! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot! The saddle on that guitar is gorgeous. If the white balance is correct (which it is, I think) then it looks like olivewood almost.

    The reflection is simultaneously clear enough to tell what it is and look great, but not clear enough to look like a mirror. Perfect amount of focus, and the lighting in the reflection is awesome looking.

    Thanks for the bump, and the nice comments you've always left. Keep it up, this photo is fantastic!

    P.S. You and Steve Gallow both proved that you're each better at holding still than me. I couldn't sit still enough to do a 2 or 8 second exposure and keep things sharp. Although that may have something to do with the 25 donuts I ate yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the reflection. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really nice, the guitar in focus, you slightly out of focus & the warm tones. Nice job again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very inspiring words to go with a fantastic pic~ i like how you use your love of photography as therapy. love these kinds of reflections, both in pic and words~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. James - Thanks for the weekend reflection reminder! I tend to lose track of days, but I will certainly link this one! As for my T1i, I use the stock 18-55 lens, and also I got a prime 50mm 1.4 lens which is truly amazing. I am working on building the arsenal, but these two keep me busy for now. I really want a zoom lens. do you have any good recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great reflection post!You are very creative, congrats!
    Happy weekend reflections
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative and you've hidden the camera well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi again Yolanda. I'm very new to photography(less than a year and only 6 months w/t1i) so I just have the kit lens and I recently bought a Tamron 18-270mm. It seems pretty good so far. I still want a tripod and more lenes. Canon 50mm is on my radar either 1.4 or 1.8.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful find and capture! Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. James, do yourself a favor and go with the 1.4. You will not regret it. It's a lot more money, but people who buy the 1.8 wish they had the 1.4 from what I understand. I got mine as a gift, and it's an amazing lens. I've only had my T1i since July, and I'm still fairly new to mine as well. It's a great camera, and I enjoy it very much. I'm still collecting things like filters and gadgets too. Didn't realize you were new to photography... could have fooled me (and everyone!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Self-portrait in a guitar. You win the price for originality! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. excellent and very creative self portrait

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very original composition and very interesting! I enjoyed it! Cool reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not goofy at all. When creativity knocks you must open the door wide. This is a very well done photo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great self portrait. Wonderful reflection, and that looks like a beautiful guitar. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. This has the makings of a creepy suspense movie…

    Love the goofy self-portrait though! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea and a very creative reflection. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yolanda, as you can see by all your comments, you've got a winner here.

    What a fantastic idea for a self portrait.

    I have photographed guitars several times, and I always seem to get at least one good photo out of them. They are pieces of work on their own. You can almost hear the music when you see them in a good photo.

    I can hear the music in this one.

    Excellent job. A+ for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. the bright sunlight and the warm wood are a wonderful combo
    beautifully captured

    ReplyDelete