January 30, 2010


Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1600
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.5
ISO Speed 100

Monochrome Weekend - Toledo Ice Yacht Club

More difficult than being out in the bitter cold was choosing the shots for the post today.

Ice boating is a hundred-year-old tradition on Lake Erie (and other great lakes). There are not many times during the year that the ice is in the right condition to sail, so the ice boating is a very rare and short-lived winter sport.


This Monochrome concept came from Aileni at The Monochrome Weekend

12 comments:

  1. Great shots! I love monochrome photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottom is stunning; an excellent choice for monochrome. I wonder what the bottom would look like with a vignette?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent shots. I love the angry clouds in the first and the feeling of solitude in the second.

    Looks like the weather on your side of the Cascades is the same as ours. Sunshine would be nice.

    The Road to Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely clean lines to these two shots, Yolanda. I love the shiny black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To do that would be worth getting cold for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices, and great clouds in the back ground. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos, it's always good to have choices. ~ Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your second photo takes the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The stormy clouds and the sheen of the ice with the sail in the first photo are beautiful. What an interesting sport!

    Three Rivers Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I especially like the first one. Great job . I hope you managed to have a nice hot cup of coffee after freezing out there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like fun. I always have trouble figuring out which pictures to post. I also have problems trying to get photos to look good in b&W. You did well with both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like great fun - but much too cold for me!

    ReplyDelete