Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/160Av( Aperture Value ) 8.0
ISO Speed 100
Rails to Trails
The University/Parks trail is part of the parks system here in Toledo - it's about a 10 km trail open to bikers, walkers, skaters, runners. This path used to be the tracks of a local railroad. When the railroad abandoned their right of way, this trail was created (rails to trails). The trail also hooks into one of my favorite parks, Wildwood, where I stopped for lunch.
Another day breaking in my new bike! Thanks to my
husband, who encouraged me to get some new wheels, and helped me to pick it out. This is the first time in over 25 years that I am riding a bike that is suited for my size. I've always ridden bikes that were too tall.Feeling good and the weather is fine. Tomorrow starts a new round of radiation treatments... ugggh... 5 weeks. Hoping the side effects won't get me down!

Love the crossing sign...kind of significant to you crossing another path in your recovery! I hope this round goes more smoothly for you. It's great that you are riding your bike around! I need a new bike!
ReplyDeleteIt's so much easier to have a good attitude when the weather doesn't suck. Keep on keepin' on. Oh, and great photos ;)
ReplyDeleteHang in there - a positive attitude will go a long way! I like the photos too. I need there to be considerably less of me in the seat area before riding a bike is comfortable again! Glad you're able to get out and enjoy this weather!
ReplyDeleteGood for you!! I love getting on my bike and taking the camera along. We have a "rails to trails" program here too with miles upon miles of beautiful paved trails through some wonderful scenery.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Let's see that sexy new set of wheels! ;-)
A beautiful trail indeed. We had the opposite happen here - they took away one of our trails to put in a light railroad commuter line!
ReplyDeleteI really like the crossing signal too. Very appropriate!
Thanks all!
ReplyDeleteDon - I'll get a shot up soon of my new wheels; or at least have it on my Flickr photostream soon.
Clytie, you are in Portland? I live in Vancouver. There are lots of places to bike, even though MAX took over the trail - WAY more biking there than in Ohio :)
I had to cross the RR crossing to get into the park. Strange that they have a signal there if the rail isn't running anymore.