April 21, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.0
ISO Speed 100

Vollmar's Park

There was a big painted sign nailed to a tree at the footbridge that said "KEEP OUT." But did we keep out? Exploring with Holly is either going to get me killed or arrested... either way, it was fascinating exploring this defunct amusement park. Vollmar's Park closed its gates in 2001. The trees and brush have overgrown many of the buildings that are still standing. This covered bridge was especially amusing, twisted and collapsing, with gates preventing passage - not that I would set foot on this structure! I took many shots in here, one more interesting than the next. Holly told me that she once attended a wedding in the big hall/ballroom/roller rink... A scary but enchanting place, forgotten and in ruins, at one time might have been a fun place to visit as a child. We made it out and back across the crumbling foot bridge safely!

8 comments:

  1. Before you mentioned it was an amusement park, I was wondering about this bridge. Very interesting shot. You just don't see covered bridges like this. To quote from a funny movie called Funny Farm, "That's not a bridge, it's termites holding hands." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot! You two better be careful on your outings! I like Mike's quote from the movie! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love this tweaky covered bridge shot! I like Mike's appropriate quote too.

    Be careful, of course, but not TOO careful! Sometimes risks need to be taken to get these wonderful photo opps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bridge. Awesome shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have been using a "Rebel" camera. They cause you to go to places you shouldn't. :-)

    Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a friend like Holly - to give me the courage to get arrested or injured. :) Love this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot Yolanda! I love exploring places like that. I think it would be fun to do with a friend too.

    ReplyDelete