April 27, 2010

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/125
Av( Aperture Value ) 7.1
ISO Speed 100

Treasures of the Orient

Well, I spent all day in chemo-jail today... on a very nice day to boot. So I am busting out some photos from my photo adventure from the last week at the defunct Vollmar's Park, where Holly and I (and baby) were trespassing through the creepy, overgrown, collapsing grounds.

I used a pre-set in Lightroom to tone down the volume of color to make them almost look monochromatic - or make them look antique-ish.




Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250
Av( Aperture Value ) 11.0
ISO Speed 100

8 comments:

  1. The top one is awesome. I wish there were urban decay type places around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, thanks for the idea on kind of "reviewing" various lenses! That sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw sorry you're stuck in chemo-jail. That sucks.

    These shots are great! Boy do they bring back memories of Vollmar's! My dad worked for Toledo Edison and they'd rent out the park for a day each summer and we'd have the run of the place. It was pretty run down then and that had to be 30 years ago!

    Also my mom's brother knew the owners somehow and lived just behind the property on the river if I remember correctly in a ramshackle shack that seemed right out of the 1800s - it only had an outhouse! I don't know how long he lived there but I do remember sneaking over the fence and back between his place and Vollmar's.

    Thanks for bringing back such fun memories of my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the technique for making this (already spooky looking) place even more spooky! What a wonderful place to trespass! I would be there in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really does look and sound like my kind of place. I like what you did with the pictures. I want to get lightroom myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was one treasure left - and its your photo. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you were in chemo-jail, but with all these trespassing violations I'm hoping we don't read about you being stuck in real jail! LOL

    You have been capturing some really great photos lately! I'm glad to see you hangin' in there & keeping up with the 365 project! Great job! I really admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting compositions! I mostly prefer the first one. With these letters and open door.

    ReplyDelete