Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/640Av( Aperture Value ) 6.3
ISO Speed 100
The Bird Man of Wildwood
I've run into this man a few times now while in the park. He is the bird whisperer - he feeds them, talks to them, somehow, he makes them come to him. He always has a pocket full of shelled peanuts. He whistles, and calls to them, puts out a few peanuts and coaxes them down for the treat. They always come down. He knows every species that he feeds. Sometimes they take it from his hand, and sometimes a fence railing he is standing beside. He tells stories of birds, and always recalls birdwatching with his wife, who I assume is passed on. He will be happy to talk about birds as long as you stand there and share his passion with him. It's fascinating, really.
Sometimes I don't have the camera with me; today I had it, and was hoping to catch some bird feeding action. I don't like to get too close while he's feeding them for fear of scaring them off, and intruding on his gift. It's always nice to run into the bird man.

That's awesome! He must be good if he can get them to eat out of his hand. And that's also good for you... if you have a sufficiently long lens :) Honestly, with 18 megapixels, a 50mm is probably plenty!
ReplyDeleteAwww how sweet! I can't say I've ever seen him in all the times I've been to Wildwood. Have to keep an eye out for him! Great shot!
ReplyDeleteHi Yolanda! I love your photos and I will be following your journey - and cheering you on! My sister lives in Vancouver. I visit there a few times a year.
ReplyDeleteYour blog is a total blast! And I'm so proud that you enjoyed 3 Doors Down Cafe.
ReplyDeleteI love how you were reluctant to interrupt this man or intrude on his gift. Beautifully put. There should be more like him in the world!
ReplyDeleteNice post Yolanda! This is a heart warming story and your shot of him is perfect. Not to see his face attaches some mystery or legend to him. I like the curvy path leading him out of sight and I like the shadows on it.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with Mike! Love this picture and the story!
ReplyDelete